4- Hour Medical Cannabis Course
EXTRA STEP ASSURANCE SUPPORTING CANNABIS EXPERTISE IS A NATIONAL PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION FOCUSED ON MEDICAL CANNABIS. WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN APPROVED EDUCATIONAL PROVIDER FOR THE PENNSYLVANIA AND MINNESOTA MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAMS FOR PHYSICIANS, PHARMACISTS AND NURSES.
4- Hour Medical Cannabis Course Agenda:
History of Medical Cannabis
- Early history of cannabis and hemp to western medicine
- Included examples of use for pain, sleep and other conditions
- Cannabinoid Receptors
- Endogenous Cannabinoids
- Function And Regulation Of The Endocannabinoid System In Various Tissues
- Exogenous Cannabinoids And Their Effects On The ECS
- Common Drug, Herbal And Non-Pharmacologic Influences On The ECS
- Many Phytocannabinoids Are Non-Psychotropic Yet Therapeutic
- Misconceptions About Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA)
- Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Drug Interactions
- Cannabis Terpenes
Recommending Cannabis as a Medicine: Dosing and Delivery
- Qualifying Conditions
- Delivery Methods
Cannabis Toxicology, Side Effects and Addiction Potential
- Cannabis Safety
- Side Effects
Clinical Indications: Pain, Spasticity, Seizures and PTSD
- Chronic Pain
- Opioids / Addiction
- Patient Narratives
- Cannabis For Spasticity
- Cannabis For Seizures
Legal Understanding in Pennsylvania
- Federal and State
Q & A Session-“No Question Goes Unanswered.”
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer – enabled 7, 8 (32-bit/64-bit), 9 (32-bit/64-bit), 10 (32-bit/64-bit), 11 (32-bit/64-bit); Chrome – Latest 32-bit/64- bit
MAC – OS 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10;
Processer – Intel (512 MB of RAM or more recommended) Internet Browser – Firefox must be the latest version.
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality
Please see final activity for the policy on privacy and confidentiality that relates to this internet activity.
Earn up to 4 hours of continuing education credit.
This activity is intended for physicians.
Call 833.322.8765 for more details